Passed NCLEX with Low Scores on UWorld

1/2/2018 6:14:19 PM
I told myself that if I passed boards then I would come back on here to create a post, so here I go.

I had taken the NCLEX in September 2017 and failed. My school had provided us with ATI and Kaplan. I did questions on Kaplan and they were hard questions without a doubt! I did the NCLEX RN Prep test on Kaplan and scored a 66% and also took the NCLEX RN Readiness on Kaplan and scored a 70%. I thought I was ready for the NCLEX but obviously I wasn't since I didn't pass.

Once I had failed I took quite some time off. I was devastated and even become somewhat depressed that I had failed. I gave birth to my son in November 2017. I did some reading in the ATI review book that was given to us throughout the month of October but it had so much information in it that it overwhelmed me. It seemed like every little thing in that book was important, but it's impossible to remember every single thing. Around the end of November, I purchased the 30 day subscription for UWorld. I loved it! It was everything that I needed all in one place. I knocked out the whole entire Qbank of 1900+ questions in 29 days. The last day I went over some of the questions that I had gotten wrong.

But here's the thing. Even though I did the entire Qbank, my scores were horrible. I ended up with 51% of the questions right and 49% of the questions wrong. So basically 50-50. When I did the RN assessments, I had gotten 49% on both (Borderline passing). I wanted to change my testing date because of these scores but I ended up keeping my testing date which was 5 days away after my UWorld subscription had ended. I did that because I knew that even though the numbers for my tests weren't the best, I knew for a fact that I knew my content. UWorld did such a great job with teaching me content because it had great rationales with pictures, graphs, and charts and also a lot of SATA questions. I had written down notes while reading the rationales and studied off my notes until testing day.
I went in for my NCLEX for the second time and came out an RN! I did the PVT trick as soon as I got in the car and got the "good pop up". And now after 4 days after taking the NCLEX, I have received my license number.

So please! Don't let those test scores or percentages discourage you! You know if you know the content or not. Read the rationales of every single question even if you got that question correct.

Happy studying!!! And pretty soon before you know it, you'll be an RN as well!

1/2/2018 7:29:09 PM
congratulations! happy for you..and me I'm losing hope because my score here in assessment is low.

1/2/2018 8:58:19 PM
Like I said, don't let those assessment scores get to you. Only you will know if you know the content or not. Study and always refresh yourself of basic lab values such as Na, K+, BUN, CK, etc.

1/3/2018 6:00:41 PM
awh congrats!!!! how exciting! When you said you did the trick.... what did your pop up say? bc I know there are 2 different kinds of popups...also you can do the popup trick immediately after? I didnt know that

1/3/2018 8:29:40 PM
pnob422091 wrote:
awh congrats!!!! how exciting! When you said you did the trick.... what did your pop up say? bc I know there are 2 different kinds of popups...also you can do the popup trick immediately after? I didnt know that

I know that there is a lot of posts about the PVT out there on the web. But when I took the NCLEX the first time, as soon as I left the testing center and did the trick I got the bad pop up that told me to check my card number because it couldn't process (Can't remember exactly what it said). I did the trick every hour for a good six hour and kept on getting the bad pop up.
The second time I took the NCLEX, I again checked as soon as I got back in my car and got the good pop up that says that their record says I'm already scheduled for an exam. I did the trick over and over and over and it did not change from the good pop up.

1/5/2019 6:59:29 PM
pnbx158648 wrote:
I told myself that if I passed boards then I would come back on here to create a post, so here I go.

I had taken the NCLEX in September 2017 and failed. My school had provided us with ATI and Kaplan. I did questions on Kaplan and they were hard questions without a doubt! I did the NCLEX RN Prep test on Kaplan and scored a 66% and also took the NCLEX RN Readiness on Kaplan and scored a 70%. I thought I was ready for the NCLEX but obviously I wasn't since I didn't pass.

Once I had failed I took quite some time off. I was devastated and even become somewhat depressed that I had failed. I gave birth to my son in November 2017. I did some reading in the ATI review book that was given to us throughout the month of October but it had so much information in it that it overwhelmed me. It seemed like every little thing in that book was important, but it's impossible to remember every single thing. Around the end of November, I purchased the 30 day subscription for UWorld. I loved it! It was everything that I needed all in one place. I knocked out the whole entire Qbank of 1900+ questions in 29 days. The last day I went over some of the questions that I had gotten wrong.

But here's the thing. Even though I did the entire Qbank, my scores were horrible. I ended up with 51% of the questions right and 49% of the questions wrong. So basically 50-50. When I did the RN assessments, I had gotten 49% on both (Borderline passing). I wanted to change my testing date because of these scores but I ended up keeping my testing date which was 5 days away after my UWorld subscription had ended. I did that because I knew that even though the numbers for my tests weren't the best, I knew for a fact that I knew my content. UWorld did such a great job with teaching me content because it had great rationales with pictures, graphs, and charts and also a lot of SATA questions. I had written down notes while reading the rationales and studied off my notes until testing day.
I went in for my NCLEX for the second time and came out an RN! I did the PVT trick as soon as I got in the car and got the "good pop up". And now after 4 days after taking the NCLEX, I have received my license number.

So please! Don't let those test scores or percentages discourage you! You know if you know the content or not. Read the rationales of every single question even if you got that question correct.

10/15/2019 1:32:35 AM
pnbx158648 wrote:

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK